Tuesday, 16 September 2014

This isn't whacha want

Since April, on opening this blog I get a thirty-second blast of very irritating music:

This is whacha waaaaant
This is whacha get
This is whacha waaaaant
This is whacha get
This is whacha waaaaant
This is whacha get
This is whacha waaaaant waaaaant waaaaant waaaaant

It drives me fucking scatty and I want it to be known that it is none of my doing. I don't know if this happens only on my laptop, or if everyone who visits is being irritated by it as well. So please tell me if you hear it too (and accept my apologies) and if you can, how I can stop it. Thanks.

*****

24th Sept: Seems it was caused by the Site Meter widget, which I've now removed. If anyone else is getting this silly jingle, try nuking Site Meter. Thanks to Keri (see comments.) 

4 comments:

CJB said...

No catchy tune. Only the deep, thoughtful silence that I assume is either projected by you, or is in my own head. If the latter, less 'thoughtful' than 'echoing'. Can't imagine why you get that music, if it can be called that? I have been known to leave hairdressers, shops and restaurants because of the music. It drives me into a frenzy sometimes and I never 'just don't hear it' any more. If my blog yelled at me, I'd have to fire it.

Vilges Suola said...

Perhaps its only audible on my laptop. Hope so. I'd hate it to be thought I had attached it deliberately.

BTW I dreamed about you last night. We were on the same train en route to a conference in Huddersfield, and a dreadful droning bore was giving you his deep thoughts on literature: 'good writing should be corrosive, like acid on teeth' was one of his gems. On arrival in Huddersfield I go tear-arsing out of the station to avoid him, then realising he is still giving you GBH to the ears, I walk alongside you and we engage in conversation and quicken our pace until we lose him.

Keri said...

I used to get "This is what you want" intermittently on this and other sites that used Blogger. Then I upgraded my anti-virus protection and it ceased (I hope). Do you hear it when you go to other blogs? Googling suggests that it's malware linked to your statcounter.

Vilges Suola said...

thank you, will check it out.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin