Wednesday, 4 July 2012

How to be a Rotten Spoilsport


If you are a teacher, how often in the course of a week do you have to say 'yes, but it's not that simple...'?



And just to spoil the sport of the spoilsport: your spelling and punctuation could do with a seeing-to, sunshine.

*****

From a You-tuber to me:

'I used to be an evolutionist but then I decided to check out the evidence and the facts, just as any real man would do. I am now a young earth creationist, just as anyone with any common sense and courage would be after checking the facts.'

'Real men' believe the Earth was created after the invention of beer. 

4 comments:

Candy said...

Way hey! Glad you got to deflate Pompous Arsehole and his ridiculous dependency on Latinate nonsense. His punctuation is shocking! Why I think it's a bloke, I dont know.

q-pheevr said...

Further spoilsportery: I'm willing to credit the idea that the skull on the left can be identified as belonging to someone of African descent, but I very much doubt that African-Americans have skeletal features that would distinguish them from people of African descent anywhere else in the world.

I like the idea of the Earth being younger than beer, though. Certainly I don't think it could have been created by any god who was entirely sober.

Vilges Suola said...

Actually I felt the medical analysis was deliberately funny in it's pedantic literalism, and the intended effect was spoiled by the ropey spelling and punctuation. I had just been reading loads of airy woo-woo on you tube from creationist cretins and sympathised with the scientific view!

Vilges Suola said...

@Q=Pheevr Well spotted,I hadn't thought of that.

After the invention of beer AND the domestication of the dog: people had been taking their dogs to the pub for a pint a good millennium before there was any life or grain on the planet. Or even a planet.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin