Thursday, 19 July 2012

Defaced

I've pulled the Networked Blogs ap from my Facebook account, lest certain persons recognise themselves on here and not understand. At all. Ever.

Also, I discovered a while ago that Networked Blogs, or Facebook, or Satan, has automatically added me to a list of blogs by people at the university where I work. This pissed me off and I contacted Facebook requesting that I be removed from the list, as I've been pretty indiscreet about the place on occasion. They replied that they were unable to do this, which is bollocks - why can't they? Anyway, what with one thing and another I didn't get round to pursuing the matter, and since I can no longer find the list, I don't expect anybody will find me - but then, nobody expected chunks of airliner to come raining down over Lockerbie.

Talk about the End of Privacy.

6 comments:

Candy said...

Facebook IS Satan, so as long as you know that the ground rules are clear. NEVER give it anything you don't want to be broadscast, populated, spread, infected or in any other way made public. You too will become swamped, infected and a host to all sorts of parasites. Keep clear of any apps at all and don't use it to connect to anything else. IT WILL FIND YOU!
I'm not going to leave it though, because the benefits to me outweigh the crap - and as far as possible I am disentangled.

Bo said...

You added that Greek boy as a friend did you?

Vilges Suola said...

@Candy, yes, exactly. It does piss me off that theydon't ASK though.

@Mark, yep, I did - but he asked me first!

Candy said...

Facebook? ASK? Pffft!

Rob said...

Don't know if you've noticed, but it looks like networked blogs has reappeared on your Facebook page today.

Vilges Suola said...

Yes, I can't remove it from Facebook without trashing it completely - so I'll just have to keep deleting it.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin